If you get locked out of your car, it may seem like a good idea to wait for a mobile locksmith by sitting near your vehicle. This is not always true. A person who is alone in a vehicle can actually attract criminals and others who may want to harm you. Getting locked out of your car can put you in an even more vulnerable situation. Here are some safety tips to follow when waiting on a mobile locksmith to arrive.
Safety Tips While Waiting for a Mobile Locksmith
- Contact a mobile locksmith immediately. You need a locksmith that can come to you 24 hours a day/7 days a week.
- Phone a friend. If you have a mobile phone, contact friends and family members and let them know where you are located.
- Never try to break into your own car. This can attract criminals and others to your situation.
- Stay in a well-lit area. If you must stay outside, consider standing at the front of a store or business where there is light and more public traffic.
- Go inside a public place. The best way to stay safe is to go inside a public place nearby. A 24-hour gas station or diner is a good solution when you get locked out of your car in the middle of the night.
- Do not look vulnerable and alone. Even if you are near your vehicle and waiting, it is important to make yourself look less vulnerable. Criminals will notice if you seem uneasy and alone. This makes you an easy target for them. Instead, get on your phone and keep someone with you at all times if you can. If no one is available, try to look busy. Consider calling local police to wait with you until your locksmith arrives.
- Leave your vehicle. If you are in a bad part of town, or you feel afraid, leave your vehicle and have a friend or family member pick you up. You can also call a ride sharing service such as Uber or a Lyft. The mobile locksmith can let you know when they arrive at your vehicle, so that you can return.
Your safety is your prime concern not the vehicle. If you are feeling unsafe it is crucial to have a reliable local locksmith who can help you. Caliber Locksmith, LLC is family owned and has been supporting the community for over 20 years. We are available 24 hours a day. Give us a call today at (301) 455-0550 to get started.